Akatarawas via Blue Mountains
No route loaded
Red Route - 130km
- Down Onslow Road, riding slowly along to Ngauranga to regroup.
- There's a short cycle on the Ngauranga lights, so pull up close and don't muck around getting started.
- Single file from Ngauranga to Petone and exit SH2 onto the over-bridge proceed along the Esplanade and across the Hutt River
- Turn left at Hutt Park Raceway and make your way to the Eastern Hutt Rd via Whites Line East.
- At Taita look out for the corner where the left-hand line goes to the left and the right-hand line to the right of a traffic island.
- At the end of Eastern Hutt Drive, we stay in the right-hand lane along Fergusson Drive before again turning right into Silverstream.
- We head up the Blue Mountains, regrouping at the top.
- We ride througn Whitemans Valley, coming out at Maoribank via Mangaroa Hill Road.
- Head to Brown Owl, regrouping for a toilet stop a couple of km up the Akatarawa Road.
- Regroup at top of Akatarawa Road and again at Brown Owl.
- Options for shorter rides include turning around at the Silverstream roundabout, Brown Owl or Staglands.
- We return along SH2. Watch the area just after Silverstream. Go single file and leave big caps. This has been a black spot for us.
- Just North of the Melling intersection exit SH2 by taking the first left at Block Road and regoin SH2 at the Petone overbridge.