Bays, Houghton Bay rd and Mt Victoria
No route loaded
Red Route - the bays with traverse of Mt. Victoria - 74km
- Proceed down Onslow Road and along Thorndon Quay to Railway Station.
- There's a short cycle on the lights by the Railway Station, so pull up close and don't muck around getting started.
- Don't worry too much about getting split up through the traffic lights in town.
- Regroup from Oriental Bay.
- Turn right up Grafton Road and continue up Mt. Victoria, descending via Alexandra Road.
- At the end of Alexandra Road, turn left into Crawford Road.
- From Crawford Road, turn right into Duncan Terrace.
- Re-group at the top of this climb (corner of Sutherland Road).
- Descend down Sutherland Road to Lyall Bay and follow coast around to Houghton Bay Road.
- Turn right into Houghton Bay Road and re-group at the top.
- Descend down Mt. Albert Road and cut back via the Zoo to the top of Duncan Terrace.
- Retrace route to Grafton Road and re-join the usual Bays route via Maida Vale Road.