Bays and Makara
No route loaded
Red Route - 72km
- Down Onslow Road and along Thorndon Quay
- There's a short cycle on the lights by the Railway Station, so pull up close and don't muck around getting started.
- Don't worry too much about getting split up through the traffic lights in town.
- Regroup from Oriental Bay.
- Stop at the top of Mt Crawford, just past the prison and regroup.
- Beware of the judder bars on the Crawford descent.
- Regroup & toilet stop at the bottom of Awa Rd at Worser Bay.
- Ride around the Southern coast via Pass of Branda to Owhiro Bay
- Ascend Happy Valley Road
- Regroup at top of Brooklyn in the car park on the crn of Ohiro Rd & Brooklyn Rd
- Descend Ohiro Rd (caution as steep and narrow at the bottom and often oncoming traffic)
- Left into Aro Street
- Regroup at top of Raroa Rd on crn of Moana Rd.
- Take the first entrance into Karori and head up Messines Road.
- Regroup at school in Makara.
Magenta Route - 80km
- Nip up to the windmill as you pass through Brooklyn.